Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What we don't know won't hurt us.

Work work work. My brain hurts so much but at the same time I am enlightened. I'm writing an article on skin care, finding the healthiest options. I didn't know alot about cosmetics and looking after your skin before, I just figured you wash your face morning and night and moisturise. But the amount of products on average that people use a day, WOW at least 15. Crazy.
And if that fact wasn't mind blowing enough, we have no idea how dangerous our products are. Surely i've read more than 100 different sites this last 3 weeks and everything i've read about our everyday products are just disgusting. I'm disappointed for not knowing this earlier and I'm infuriated with manufacturers for having the mind to do this to us.

The products we buy and use on a daily basis are bottles of chemicals! Even when we think were purchasing natural products, half the time there's barely any natural in it. Tonnes of cheap ingredients bought to chuck in these containers, some for moisture maybe, the rest to counteract the effect the first ingredients might have. Worst of all it's not compulsory to test there works. It makes me sick that they're selling these products to us without informing us. Cancer causing ingredients, kidney & liver damaging, headaches, depression etc. Skin irritation at the least.

And now people are finding out and are trying to make the right decision to switch to healthy organic and raw products. Which would be great, if only there was a rule saying that any other tom, dick or harry can't say there products were. ARGH. Raw is good, If i'm gonna buy anything from now on it'll be raw. Otherwise i'm making my own from now on. Sucky industry.

Sorry guys, that was a rant I had to get off my chest.
I do feel better for knowing! I hope this blabber will interest you guys to do some of your own research on what you're really putting on your skin.
Look after yourself, there's only one of you!

Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment